Rockville, Md./PRNewswire/ -- The Comfort hotel brand is experiencing a strong pipeline while successfully executing on the brand's growth strategy to open one hotel per week in 2017. Developer interest in the brand remains strong.
"The Comfort brand continues to fortify its position by beating the upper midscale segment in RevPAR growth and stealing share in the U.S. The brand has recorded 33 consecutive months of RevPAR index gains compared to its competition. With a cost-effective model and strong return on investment, the brand meets the needs of both experienced and first-time hotel developers," said Brian Quinn, vice president, franchise development, Choice Hotels.
The Choice Hotels development team boosted the brand's pipeline, securing 40 percent more contracts in the second quarter of 2017 compared to the second quarter of 2016. Further, Comfort is on track to hit 56 openings this year which includes 12 recent openings that were a mix of new construction and conversion projects. They include:
- Comfort Inn in Kalamazoo, MI – 64 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Hannibal, MO – 74 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn in Detroit, MI – 77 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Barnesville, PA – 70 guest rooms
- Comfort Suites in Florence, KY – 84 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn in Altoona, IA – 69 guest rooms
- Comfort Suites in Kyle, TX – 72 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn in Chambersburg, PA – 64 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn in Ottawa, IL – 69 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in East Ellijay, GA – 58 guest rooms
- Comfort Suites in Piedmont, SC – 80 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Albuquerque, NM – 82 guest rooms
There are more than 1,800 Comfort hotels open across North America in popular travel destinations, including top markets like Salt Lake City, UT; Charleston, SC; Jacksonville, FL; North Myrtle Beach, SC; Austin, TX; Oklahoma City, OK; and Tampa, FL.
For more information, visit www.choicehotels.com.
© 2017 Choice Hotels International, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Choice Hotels International, Inc.
Image credit: James R. Martin / Shutterstock.com