Spanning from California to Maryland, the refreshed portfolio of hotels offers diverse destinations for summertime travel
With summer travel season underway, DoubleTree by Hilton, one of Hilton’s 14 brands, is introducing six new hotels across the U.S. locations include some of the country’s most ideal— and many somewhat undiscovered—summer getaway destinations, including Ocean City, Maryland; Vail, Colorado; Pomona, California; Nashua, New Hampshire; Youngstown, Ohio; and Malvern, Pennsylvania.
“Summer travel season is the perfect time for guests to explore a new city, and each of these new DoubleTree by Hilton hotels offers a retreat suitable for any type of getaway,” said Shawn McAteer, senior vice president and global head, DoubleTree by Hilton. “With memorable service and amenities, starting with our signature, warm DoubleTree Cookie welcome at every hotel, guests can take in all these destinations have to offer while enjoying the warmth of a familiar hotel stay.”
Properties recently added to the DoubleTree by Hilton portfolio include :
- DoubleTree by Hilton Vail (Opened March 2018): While Vail is one of the world's most popular ski destinations, this completely renovated property is a refreshingly affordable summer retreat. On-site bike rentals and complimentary shuttles take guests to all the action, including mountain biking, hiking, shopping, dining, concerts, fly fishing, golf, and more. For dining, the hotel’s locally-sourced restaurant, Pivot62, features shareable plates and hand-crafted cocktails, complete with floor-to-ceiling views of the Rocky Mountains. If work calls while on vacation, the coworking capabilities in the lounge help guests multitask without missing any of the action. For relaxation, the massage treatment rooms work out all the kinks before guests take a dip in the outdoor pool and hot tub, or cozy up by the fireplace and fire pits while star gazing at the night sky.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Pomona (Opened March 2018): This Southern California hotel offers 132 guestrooms and suites featuring views of the surrounding San Jose Hills. The design is modern, yet rustic, making it the perfect option for travelers looking to explore nearby Los Angeles while experiencing the charm and mountain views of a small town. The on-site Vita Italian Bar & Grill is a modern Italian restaurant that uses the freshest ingredients sourced from Cal Poly Pomona and other surrounding farms, and the VINO Lobby Bar features local wines for guests to sip on. Guests can enjoy the California sunshine at the hotel’s outdoor, saline swimming pool and whirlpool spa or at nearby Bonelli Regional Park or Raging Waters waterpark.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Nashua (Opened April 2018): This newly renovated southern New Hampshire hotel offers easy access to downtown Boston and is only 15 minutes from Manchester-Boston Regional Airport. Guests can enjoy outdoor summer dining and live entertainment at the on-property Speaker’s Corner Bistro or the much-loved nearby Anheuser-Busch Brewery and LaBelle Winery. For all-around wellness, travelers can visit the on-site massage therapist and indoor pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. Additionally, the hotel features its own yoga studio and state-of-the-art fitness facility. Nearby local favorite activities include shopping at Merrimack Premium Outlets and hiking at White Mountain.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Youngstown Downtown (Opened May 2018): As the first hotel to open in downtown Youngstown, Ohio in 44 years, this new DoubleTree by Hilton hotel is located in the historic Stambaugh Building in Central Square. The hotel connects summer visitors to attractions like the Covelli Centre, Youngstown State University, OH WOW! Science Center, and DeYor Performing Arts Center—all within walking distance. The hotel features 125 rooms and updated modern amenities, while also preserving its historic charm and neoclassical early-1900s architecture. Guests will be able to enjoy fine dining without ever leaving the hotel at Bistro 1907 for Italian-American staples and additional soon-to-open restaurants: Yosteria Tapas for Spanish cuisine and wine, and Branch Street Coffee Roasters for breakfast.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Ocean City Oceanfront (Opened June 2018): This freshly renovated hotel is situated directly on the Atlantic Ocean and just five blocks from the scenic boardwalk and the Ocean City Convention Center. Beyond the unbeatable location, guests will enjoy summer days at the two outdoor pools, one indoor pool and multiple beach volleyball courts. Visit Sandshark Pool Bar for unique libations on the beachfront pool deck and Marlin Moon Restaurant and Bar for locally sourced seafood and craft beer selections.
- Desmond Hotel Malvern, A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel (Opened June 2018): Guests can experience the charm, warmth, and genuine service of Chester County, Pennsylvania, when visiting this hotel and the surrounding scenic and historic ‘downtowns’ of Malvern, Phoenixville, Wayne, and West Chester. Boasting easy access to King of Prussia Mall, Valley Forge National Historical Park and the entire Main Line area, this is the ideal destination for visitors looking to enjoy summer travel just outside of Philadelphia. Travelers can spend the day at the on-property fitness center, indoor pool/whirlpool, and sport courts, followed by a variety of dining options at Fork and Bottle, Fox and Hounds Pub, and Sunset Grille.
Source & image courtesy: © 2018 Hilton