Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center officially opened its doors as the largest combined resort and convention center in Colorado on December 18.
Just 10 minutes from Denver International Airport, the resort is the fifth Gaylord Hotels property and one of the largest resorts in the world to debut under the Marriott International brand this year. The Denver area has seen unprecedented growth in the past decade, but Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center is the definition of a game changer for the region, delivering 1,501 rooms, 485,000 square feet of convention center space and an extensive indoor/outdoor water park on a sprawling 85-acre site.
“Adding a western group destination of this magnitude to Marriott Internationals portfolio allows our organization to leverage existing large conference business demand into the property. This spectacular new-build will also create new demand in the market with meetings customers who have never considered Colorado for their events,” said Mike Stengel, Senior Vice President of Gaylord Hotels at Marriott International.
Gaylord Rockies By The Numbers
- The resort’s rustic, alpine charm features 1,501 rooms, including 114 well-appointed suites. Of the suites, there are 14 presidential suites ranging between 1,500- and 2,200-square-feet.
- The property boasts more than 486,000-square-feet of exhibition, meeting, pre-function and outdoor space.
- Dine formally or casually at eight food & beverage outlets, serving steak and American, Asian and Italian fares.
- The 100-foot Grand Lodges’ centerpiece is a 75-foot-tall (eight stories high) atrium window offering spectacular views of the Denver skyline framed by the Rocky Mountains.
- The 17-room Relache Spa and Salon, plus state-of-the-art fitness center and ice fountain, offer countless ways for guests to relax and recharge.
- Indoor and outdoor pools complete with a lazy river and three water slides—a total of 22,000-square-feet of aquatic experiences—as well as an arcade, miniature golf, bike rentals, pickleball and more.
- A 75-foot viewing screen, the largest in the state, in the Mountain Pass Sports Bar—ideal for game day celebrations.
For more information visit, www.gaylordrockies.com.