Marriott International currently has the largest construction pipeline of any franchise company with 1,288 projects/166,096 rooms.
Largest brands in the pipeline
- Fairfield Inn with 283 projects/27,244 rooms
- Residence Inn with 187 projects/23,617 rooms
- TownePlace Suites with 184 projects/18,757 rooms
- Under construction: 482 projects/67,434 rooms (represents almost one-third of all pipeline rooms under construction)
- Scheduled to start construction in the next 12 months: 619 projects/76,451 rooms
- Early planning: 187 projects/22,211 rooms
In the first half of the year, Marriott opened 120 new hotels with 14,071 rooms, accounting for 27% of all new hotels opened this year. The Marriott brands with the largest number of new hotels opened this year are Fairfield Inn with 31 hotels/2,887 rooms and Courtyard with 18 hotels/2,104 rooms.
Source: Lodging Econometrics